Tuesday, October 20, 2015

School

School.. Who knew deciding which school to send your child to is so difficult?
There's so much things to consider.. The syllibus, the environment, the fees.. Belum lagi masuk location.. Aduiii.. Headache ok. 

Before I have kids, I always have this dream of sending my kid(s) to Chinese school.  Why? Well, I have a few reasons actually ;
1.  Discipline - I think chinese school students are much more discipline than regular school.
2.  Maths - During the time I grew up, semua budak skolah cina memang pandai maths. Maths geniuses I would say, because they have these techniques of calculating numbers that other kids from regular school tidak kena ajar
3. Advantage - My Dad used to urge us to learn a new language.  I used to learn French tapi sekarang my vocab in Frech is patheticaly dismal :( Teda practise ba.. Dulu - dulu Dad used to bring me to watch international movie.  Disebabkan I'm learning French I usually pick French movies.  I'll watch and practise my pronounciation and Dad will doze off to wonderland ahaha.. Tapi di KK teda international movie screening di GSCnya (booo) so.. Alasan ba kan ahaha.. The point is, kalau ada another language yg kena pandai it'll be an added advantage.  My brother is so lucky to go to chinese school and my brother is good in maths so I want my kid(s) to have that advantage too.

So that was before I have my very own kid.  Now that I have one, macam berubah sikit sudah tu angan - angan.  Why? Sebab from what I observed, sekolah cina sekarang bukan macam sekolah cina masa my brother dulu.  I remembered my brother's school bag.. It was so heavy, nasib baik dia ndak jadi pendek bawak tu beg hari - hari pegi sekolah.. Another thing I remembered was how scared he was when he didn't finished his homework.  Kalau dulu pun sudah macam begitu, now it was even worst! I've seen my friend's children struggle in chinese school.  Macam stress betul sudah budak - budak sekarang ni skolah.. huhu.. I don't want my kid to be stressed out so much about school.  Another thing that's been bothering me is the fact that I cant help him in his studies even if i wanted to because I dont speak chinese.  Kawan yg memang in chinese speaking family pun anaknya struggle mengajar anaknya apa lagi yg memang langsung ndak cakap cina kan?  Another thing, from asking around, most of my friends who sent their children to chinese school will send them early.. As early as 3 years old to prepare them.  My kid will be 4 next year.  DH said we should only send him to chinese kindy when he is 5 but I'm afraid he'll be lost.  Tapi kalau kasi masuk awal2 I'm afraid he'll be stressed out too early pulak.. Now do you see what I mean??

There's another option I'm looking into and that is an Islamic based education.  I love this one because it teaches and educates kids early about religion and its in english.  Kalau pandai insyaAllah manatau boleh jadi tahfiz? I really love the idea tapi the fees i tell you.. its quite expensive.. The registration alone is almost 2k.. belum lagi bayaran bulan - bulan.. Tapi apa la yang ndak mahal ba kan sekarang ni?  I kinda love this tapi at the same time macam masih jugak wants my kid to learn chinese.. DH is rooting for chinese school so for now its 50-50.. Susahnya mau pilih sekolah anak ni.. T_T I dont know if it's just me tp I find it very difficult to choose. And I have to choose very very soon.. huhuhuhu..

I want to give the best to my child.
But which one is the best?
Dilema.. dilema..


No comments:

Post a Comment