Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Songs of yesterday

Hellewww people.. Anybody there? Teehee.. Been a long time.. I wont blame you if you're no longer following (kalau ada pun la followers kan and yes that includes you silent readers also).. I just havent been inspired to write anything before this.. Kalau ada pun inspirations other things like house chores, baby boy, etc etc well you know the drill kept me from writing.  Today however I'm quite determine to blog. Why? Because of this 





I love music and I listen to all kinds of music depending of the mood I'm in that particular moment but I'm especially fond of songs from the 60s, 80s and early 90s.  My dad was a radio collector and he too loved to listen to songs.. I grew up listening to micheal jackson, the carpenters, the beetles, Siti Fairuz, Francisca Peters, Norshila Amin, Hetty Koes Endang, Endang S Taurina, Sudirman, Atai, Anita Sarawak, Sharifah Aini, Hail Amir & Uji Rashid and many many more.. Sampai sekarang I love them still..  I used to have this yellow sony walkman.. I love that yellow walkman.. Masuk asrama pun bawak jugak tu walkman sampai la kena belikan yg baru masih jugak alternately bawak pigi hostel everytime cuti balik Tawau.  Macam - macam lagu la yang didengar and each song brings back different memories.. 

NKOTB songs always reminds me of my cousins.. We were close sebab almost semua sama umur and we were NKOTB fanatics! And there was Madonna's like a virgin.. This song i used to play alone in my room back home.. Pasang kuat - kuat melompat2 nyanyi atas katil.. ahahaha..  Oo lala tropika by Francisca Peters is also one of my fav.. I used to go to my parents room (obviously time drg p kerja la kan) , put on my skirt kembang yg colorful and sing and dance to that song over and over ganti - ganti dengan lagu Norshila Amin Rambu Ramba.. kah kah kah.. Funnyyy.. Singkong & Keju antara lagu yang selalu kena pasang dalam kereta..My sister and I selalu menyanyi2 la lagu ni dalam kereta.  There's this one time, she wanted to listen to Rayuanku by Rohana Jalil and I wanted to listen to my mixed tape.. I remember shouting and crying and then dua - dua tape kena buang kluar dari kereta oleh dear old dad! pastu dua - dua diam huhuh.. Kalau ingat sekarang memang lucu kikikiki.. 

There's this one song by John Secada, Dying inside to hold you.. That song was quite popular when I was in form 2.. Everytime I hear that song I can see 14 years old me in the hostel balcony looking at the basketball court tinguk orang dating, main basketball, lepak - lepak di astaka on a saturday night with that song blasting from bilik gerakan.. Such fond memories :) Please forgive me by Bryan Adams was the first song my 1st boyfriend ever requested for me.. Sekolah asrama penuh kan we dont get much entertainment jadi the students there creatively buat entertainment sendiri sambil kumpul duit untuk club sambil la berhibur.. Especially during the weekends time ramai yang tidak balik bermalam, song request memang antara yg popular la.. Micheal Bolton's How am I suppose to live without you is my 1st heartbreak song.. Yeah I know so much drama kan? kikikiki I live my life for you by Firehouse used to be my fav song too.  Used to mean something to me and someone and if that person reads this post I'm sure (s)he'll remember it too..  Listening to Zombie by cranberies reminds me of my friends, the class of 96 wherever we go back then we always sing that song.. Sampai sdh tua - tua ni pun kalau bejumpa pigi karaoke ini memang antara lagu wajib :D Destiny by Misha Omar and You're Still the one by Shania Twain reminds me of Hubbs and our wedding day :) So many songs.. so many memories.. Even if at one time listening to some of the songs brings tears of sadness in my eyes they're all wonderful memories to me now.  I can hear the song and remember the memories with a smile on my face..

Nah kan.. told you I was inspired! ahahaha.. Been a long time since I post anything this long.. Hopefully lepas ni ndak la begitu lama lagi baru ada new post ahahaha.. So tell me, whats your songs of yesterday? :)

take care peeps

XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment